a little about me:

I realized that I've had this blog for quite some time now and I've never formally introduced myself! As you probably know by now, my name is Erika. I'm 20 years old, I live in New Jersey, my boyfriend is a hip hop producer, I take pictures, I play music, etc. That's stuff that pretty much everybody knows about me so here are a few things that nobody knows!

1. Every time I'm either driving to a wedding I'm photographing or driving back from a contract-signing, I listen to Mac Miller's "Knock Knock" EXTREMELY loud in the car. I don't even particularly care for the song, it just gets me pumped up because it's the Flyers' win song!

2. I sleep with a fan at night. I love the noise and I can NOT get to sleep without it!

3. I have my tragus pierced and I did it myself, which I would NOT suggest to anybody!

4. America runs on Dunkin and I run on Iced Americanos. Seriously, I'm obsessed. Even in the dead of winter, I will drink at least one Iced Americano a day. 

5. Speaking of which, I drink my coffee black-- no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Also, I am a firm believer in DEATH BEFORE DECAF. 

6. Although I was in a band in high school and college and I still play/sing in front of crowds regularly, I am still extremely shy about playing music in front of people and I usually won't when there are other people in the house. 

7. I was homeschooled for some time and I hope to someday homeschool my own children.

8. As girly as I can be, almost all of my favorite movies are sports movies. Especially the Rocky movies. Growing up just outside of Philly, they're more than just films to me!

9. I've got some big aspirations and somehow I'm going to figure out how to balance all of them! They include a musical career, a photography career, owning a vintage store, creating a clothing line, creating a recording studio, running a music venue, running a coffee/juice shop, and starting a non-profit that will create art and advertisements for other non-profits! Whew. It's a lot but I have too many dreams to pick one, so I'll pick all of them!

10. I am a science nerd. I grew up wanting to be a Marine Biologist and then a doctor and still have my Anatomy Coloring Book and I have the Table of Periodic Elements hanging in my room. I think that science is actually why I'm so interested in health and nutrition!

xo, e.m.

4 comments

  1. Ok, I am just gonna go down the list of weird similarities here….

    Everytime I drive home from a wedding, I listen to early 2000s punk rock. It's a nice way to end my day and keep me awake in the car ride home. Plus, I don't get to take long car rides alone very much so I BLAST it.

    I TOO sleep with a fan all night. Not blowing on me. I just can't sleep without it's static white noise. It's soothing.

    I was homeschooled and intend to homeschool.

    I used to want to be a cryptozoologist. I was BIG into science growing up and still am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha really? That's so awesome, to all of that! Most people think I'm crazy for the fan thing but I seriously NEED the sound! (And the homeschooling also, but we won't go there.)

      Delete