spicy pineapple stir fry

As you all probably know by now, I love a good stir fry. They're such a quick and easy way to cram essential nutrients in without having to zap-fry something. I've been experimenting with lots of different recipes that CJ will like because I've been trying to get him healthy! He doesn't eat a lot of veggies. Okay, he doesn't eat ANY veggies at all, but like every man, he does love potatoes, so I used them as a base here. I just got frozen organic potato wedges from the grocery store and cut them in half. I threw them in my skillet with some olive oil until they weren't rock-solid anymore. I then added some a cauliflower, broccoli, carrot mixture (frozen California Blend from Whole Foods) some seitan strips, and finally, some fresh pineapple. When everything was cooked thoroughly, I added some Szechuan Marinade to give it a little kick. 

It was so delicious, now all that's left is to see if it'll pass the boyfriend test. CJ doesn't get back from Brooklyn until Friday though, so I'll have more time to try and perfect ways to trick him into eating his veggies. Any ideas for me? 

xo, e.m.

Post a Comment