the real jersey shore


Growing up in New Jersey and spending a great deal of time "down the shore," (as the locals would say) I can't help but to be a little irritated at all of the Jersey Shore stereotypes being portrayed nowadays. It's nothing like that, I promise! Okay, maybe in North Jersey. But here in beautiful South Jersey, it's truly lovely. Okay maybe it's a little crowded for my taste. And maybe a little too commercialized. And possibly a little loud. Okay so it's not the greatest place on earth but it's nice and nothing like the TV show! I love the ocean and I love spending time with my family, so that's all I need. There's a rumor going around that one of these restaurants on the boardwalk serves a mean banana whip, so if you'll excuse me, I'm going exploring.  
xo, e.m.



7 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! At first I was mortified that I accidentally cut them so short, but now I'm thinking that it was meant to be!

      Delete
  2. Everything is so cute and pretty! I can imagine how annoying the stereotype is !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, it can be a little annoying but it's also fun to defy it!

      Delete
  3. Everything in that luggage looks dreamy ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl :) Confession: I pack things in the order that they'll look prettiest together in the suitcase. I'm a little crazy.

      Delete