kale chips

Looking for an alternative to greasy potato chips? I might have the solution. It's lower in calories and SO much better for your skin! I made kale chips for the first time this morning and I am officially obsessed. All that you'll need for this one is kale (I made this batch for my family and I so I filled up two large stone cookie sheets and since the kale shrinks, it made about one sheet) oil of your choice (olive oil or coconut oil will work well) and a seasoning of your choice. My family loves Old Bay so that's what I used on my kale chips. I guess it kind of defeats the purpose of a healthy snack but... I'll deal with that! If you don't have stoneware, I've read that you can also use an uninsulated cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.

1. Preheat the oven to 350ยบ. Lay out your kale on your baking sheet. I have the easy pre-cut and cleaned kale so I didn't have to do much to prep it but if you're using kale fresh from the garden, get rid of most of the stems and such with a kitchen knife. The leafy stuff works best for this recipe! Drizzle your oil (not too much, or they'll get soggy!) and sprinkle as much seasoning as you want over the kale.
2. After the oven is preheated, place the kale in the oven for 10-15 minutes. It may not look cooked but it'll be crunchy! The edges will look brown-ish and the entire piece will be crisp, almost like a potato chip.
3. Serve! They'll be a little hot at first, just let them cool down a bit before you dig in. They're addicting! Play around with different flavor combinations. I'm thinking about trying to make some Sriracha kale chips next time!
xo, e.m.




8 comments

  1. i'm always making these, delish! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went through a huge phase of these about two months ago. I should jump back on that bandwagon. My favorite was using olive oil, balsamic and sea salt. yum yum and more yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds absolutely delicious, I'm going to try it!

      Delete
  3. These look great! Love your blog too! Glad I stumbled across it :)

    michaelandwhitneyweekes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm also glad that you've stumbled :)

      Delete
  4. I’m definitely going to have to add these! I also added your button to my sidebar, hope you don’t mind :)

    www.charlottesweb-photography.com

    ReplyDelete