settling in

Things are finally getting settled in after a few long months of craziness around here. I never realized how much I took familiarity and comfort for granted until today when I looked back on all of the changes over the past month or so. Now that this new house is finally becoming a home, I can focus on my goals, of which there are many. Here are a few things that I'm working on:

 Beautifying everyday life: It's so much easier to stay inspired when you're in an organized space that's full of things that you love. I've been striving to create a world around me consisting of things that please my eye and that will make me want to create even more. Once I get in a creative mood, there is no stopping me! However, it's getting to that point that's the hard part.

Running: As you may or may not know, my New Years resolution this year was to look and feel as great as I can be. I went vegan at the beginning of the year and I've been slowly losing weight since May. I'm 20 down! I have about 15 more to go but I'm in no rush to lose it. I'm more interested in being able to run a marathon and to be in shape for the upcoming soccer season. Let me tell you, for someone like me (bad asthma and general out-of-shape'ness), it is NOT easy, but it is a great release! I can't wait to get better.


Reading: I've always been a big reader but I want to get even more into it. I tend to find myself surfing the web and such in my down time when I should be doing something to keep my mind sharp and my imagination on the top of its game. I have this lovely wall of shelves full of a lot of reading, that seems like a good place to start, right?

Discovering new music: There was a time in my life when I was constantly exploring and finding new music to know and love. Somewhere between now and then, my life got busy and I got a little complacent. I don't want to spend too much time on this but if I can find a new band or artist once a week or so, it would help to drive out that complacency that tends to spread to all other aspects of life.

Spending more time with my sister: Jenna is the coolest 14-year-old that I know. We were never super close until recently when the move brought us together. We're like peanut butter and jelly, which is good because we're planning on being business partners someday!

xo, e.m.



2 comments