tempeh, tempeh, tempeh

Alright. Here at lark & lace, we like to try new things. We've tried seitan, tofu, and even beet smoothies, which is why I didn't think twice about giving another adventurous food a chance. It was actually by accident that I stumbled upon Tempeh. (Pronounced tem-pay.) I've heard a lot about it but brushed it off as just another soy-based meat substitute. However, I was feeling saucy yesterday during my grocery shopping and decided to pick up a couple packs. I was not disappointed! First of all, the tempeh was extremely filling. Second, it had an interesting texture and taste that I didn't need to add a lot to. It's a great kick of protein for those who, like me, adhere to a plant-based diet. 

For my tempeh, I just put a few strips in a skillet, browned them, then added some chopped up baby spinach, tomato, onion, and chick peas. Before taking it off of the heat, I added some basmati rice. That's it! I was amazed at how flavorful the dish was.

If you're a vegetarian or vegan, or even if you want to try something new and delicious, definitely give tempeh a try. There's a lot more that can be done with it, it can even be grated! I'll be experimenting and let you know if I come up with anything good!

xo, e.m.

p.s.  Follow lark & lace with Bloglovin. It'll be the best decision you made all day.

4 comments

  1. that actually looks so amazing. you are making me want to become a vegan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! Looks very tasty!!!

    xx

    http://mademoiselle-s-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete