things I like

 1. My Quoteskine book from Lee Crutchley came in the mail a little earlier this week and I am absolutely obsessed. If you're a fan of wittiness and art, I highly suggest picking up a copy.


2. Little known fact: I've had short hair for most of my life. I'm in love with Rachel's new haircut, so much in fact that I am tempted to chop off my long tresses. (CJ, if you're reading this, calm down, I won't actually do it...) 

3. This little Cam Caddy made my heart sing. I'm definitely going to have to invest in it for my upcoming trip to China.

4. Speaking of China, I can't stop thinking about it. These next 5 months are going to be an exciting time of planning and I couldn't be more stoked! (If you're confused, read this.)

 5. Anybody else super excited about this high low dress and skirt trend? This is going to sound incredibly vain (and a little strange) but does anybody else like how their legs look in the front but not in the back? Is this trend not the perfect solution to this odd problem? Or is that just me? Anywho, this dress is absolutely lovely.



6. It seems as if my life's purpose lately is to find new blogs that inspire me, which is why I was overjoyed when Allie introduced me to Petite Biet. She is a woman after my own heart!


7. Last night, my brother, his friend, and I went to see The Dark Knight Rises. (At midnight, all wired on coffee in true Ricchini fashion.) It was excellent. Another little known fact: I've always wanted to be in a film that's based on a comic. I don't have much going for me in my acting career right now, but it could happen someday, right?

8. If you follow me on Instagram (@owlrika if you don't, wink wink!) then you'll know that I've had a love for Peter Pan collars for quite some time. You'll also know that over the past few weeks, that love has grown into a full-on love affair and I don't think I've left this house without some sort of cute collar. I love this DIY, and I'm definitely going to be trying it some time in the near future. 

9. I feel like to a certain extent, these "Things I Like" have become "let's watch Erika plan her wedding in the third person." But seriously, these laser cut invitations are so adorable and perfect, how could I not share them with you?

10. I was doing such a good job of not going to Starbucks (part of my New Years Resolution) until I saw the bride at one of my weddings last week drinking one of the new Starbucks Refreshers. Temptation got the better of me and then all bets were off. Everybody keeps telling me to try the lime but I just can't stop drinking the Very Berry Hibiscus one. I think I might actually need help.

xo, e.m.






7 comments

  1. I love everything on your list! Especially Peter Pan collars! They are just wonderful! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They add instant cuteness to any outfit, they're the best!

      Delete
  2. The cam caddy is fantastic!Great post!

    Would you mind vote for my Cosmopolitan awards entry here?
    http://natbeesfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/i-need-your-vote-please.html
    THANK YOU!!!

    Anastasia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I actually love the short in front/long in back skirt and dress look and I've had a couple of them for years so I never even knew if it was a trend or not! You're actually the first person I've actually heard of that likes the Starbucks Refreshers. I tried one and bleh... not for me lol! I'll stick to my iced coffee. :D It's nice to meet you.... I added you as a friend on Bloggers.com so I hope you will check out my blog as well. I find it inspiring that you highlight others in your blog and I'm looking forward to reading more! http://healthynaturalbeautylv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you as well! I'll definitely check it out, I love making new blog friends :)

      Delete