one with nature

Last week, I went on a baby hiatus from blogging and pretty much everything else. I didn't want to but because of a death in the family, I needed to recuperate and mourn. During this time, I was blessed to be able to drive up to North Jersey and hang out with my good friend Kira. We went for a hike and stood in awe of nature for a little bit, until we experienced the random downpour of the century and tried our best to keep our camera equipment safe. We ate dozens of wine berries and I even stuck a flower in my hair. It was a healing of sorts. There's nothing like spending time with good people who will lift you up when your spirit is low.

xo,
e.m.

9 comments

  1. I am so sorry for your loss, E.M.! It's always great to shut off for a bit and get back to some roots, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for you loss.. but nature is the best medicine. To get lost in the nothingness and quiet. I hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling. I am feeling much, much better now :)

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your loss, but I think the time you took to heal and they way you used it is lovely. Your images are beautiful and I love that superdry tank you're wearing.

    Mana
    Fashion and Happy Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't take any credit for the top though, that's all my friend Kira :)

      Delete
  4. Terribly sorry for the loss in your family, what a beautiful place however, to gather your thoughts, and captured so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for you loss. Nature is such a nice way to reflect

    ReplyDelete