grilled fruit kabobs

Fruit is one of the few things that I can never seem to have enough of, especially in the summer. When my pal Maddie suggested that I try grilling watermelon, my crazy mind tried to think of a million ways to take her suggestion and make it even better. What resulted was nothing short of delicious. This would be an amazing appetizer for an evening party or a family barbecue.

What you'll need: bamboo skewers, 2 mangoes, 1 pineapple, 1/2 of a watermelon (depending on the size) and as much or as little basil as you wish. This was enough for twelve skewers, which fed three people.

Begin by soaking the bamboo skewers in water so that they won't burn when you put them on the grill. This will take about 20 minutes. While the skewers are soaking, prepare the fruit by cutting it into 1"x1" pieces. Place the fruit on the skewers and toss them on the grill. For the best results, set the grill to medium and grill the skewers for 20 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Be sure to check it often though. A good rule of thumb is to just look for the grill lines. (There's probably a proper word for them but I don't know what it is.) As for the basil, I sprinkled a few small pieces on top of the fruit before I put it on the grill and sprinkled a few fresh pieces on top before eating. I love this simple and delicious meal (or side dish) and can't wait to try grilling more fruit, maybe even with some balsamic vinegar drizzled over it? YUM!

xo,
e.m.

10 comments

  1. i adore this idea! thank you! i am so inspired..
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to try grilled fruit for a while now.. thank you for jogging my memory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummmmm. this literally has my mouth watering. i love to grill pears!

    PEONY

    ReplyDelete
  4. The minute I read this post I went and got a glass of juice from the fridge, These look delicious. I have never thought of grilling fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the event you are being promised 24/7 Support and life-time replacement then don't think twice at the time you Buy facebook reviews from a service provider. buy facebook reviews

    ReplyDelete