wonderful wheatgrass

Imagine how much better your life would be if you ate the right amount of green vegetables every day. Your skin would be glowing, you'd be more, erm, "regular," your metabolism would be booming and you could enjoy coffee for the taste and not just for the quick boost of caffeine. Dream world, right? Enter, wheatgrass. (Here's some more information on it.)

With the move and all, we moved all of the "unessential" kitchen appliances to storage, which means that my juicer was put away for a little while. Without the benefits of juice in my diet, I have to say there was a noticeable difference. I especially missed the absence of wheatgrass. I started heading to a local shop to get a shot but figured that there had to be a better way, and then I found these precious gifts from above.

These will work out particularly well for any of you who want to explore the benefits of wheatgrass for yourselves but live in an area without a local juice shop! If you also don't have a Whole Foods or a health food store around you, you can grab them online at yinbe.com. They come frozen and you just have to set them in some warm water for a few minutes to thaw them. Then, you can either take it as a shot, or if you don't like the taste, you can mix it with your favorite juice. Orange juice would work well!

 On the subject of health foods, I had to share this gem with you guys also: it's an energy bar with Spirulina! The color may freak some of you out but I highly suggest trying it. (It tastes like banana and coconut.) Spirulina is another extremely helpful whole food. It is an excellent source of RNA, which is vital to the mind. Mental exercise drains RNA from the brain and will often times leave you feeling burned out. Remember finals week in college? Should have taken some Spirulina... In addition to that, it's also rich in antioxidants and helps boost energy.

xo, e.m.

*Before adding a dietary supplement to your daily routine, I implore you to do your own research. Some things that work for me may not work for you!

2 comments

  1. We just got two wheat grass plants and I am trying to convince my hubbie to let me throw it in our salads. ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be careful with that though! The human body can't digest them in their whole form which is why it should be juiced. :)

      Delete