Gift Guide: UncommonGoods


Last year, my family swore off of buying gifts for each other. It was a great decision and helps to de-stress around the holidays because family gifts are the hardest ones to find. (I mean, for the woman who carried you in her womb for 9 months, does a candle really suffice?) Now that I'm getting a little older and friendships are more meaningful, I've had a hard time coming up with gift ideas for them. And of course with office politics and all, you have to buy a little something for your work BFF, your boss, your work husband... the list goes on and on and viola, Christmas gets kinda stressy again. When the folks over at UncommonGoods asked me to make a gift list, I had so much fun browsing around their site. There were some gifts I saw and immediately thought specific people to give them to.

I like UncommonGoods because as a company, they hold themselves to a higher standard. They focus on leaving a positive impact on their communities, which doesn't just stop at being "green" but includes treating others-- in the workplace and outside of it-- with respect. They also give back, which makes me feel good about spending money there.

If you want all the thoughtfulness of a handmade gift but don't have the time, check 'em out. Here are some of my picks:

Nice and Personal
Hand-Embroidered State Pillow
Personalized Tree Trunk Glassware Duo
My Life So Far Story Journal

For the Wino in Your Life (we all have one.)
Anniversary Wine Box
Wooden Wine Preserver
Wall Wine Bar

Co-workers (the ones you actually like, not the ones you just tolerate.)
Bluetooth Tracking Tag
Free Form Bulletin Board
Scratch Map

What do you think? I hate shopping but I love giving meaningful, personal gifts. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to finish my Christmas shopping!

xo,
e.m.

*Thank you Uncommon Goods for sponsoring this post! 

1 comment