Windowpane Check & Blue Denim

Some of my favorite looks are not ones that are tediously planned or impeccably styled. They're often tossed together in a moment of desperation in those times when jeans and a tee just won't cut it yet the occasion doesn't call for anything too special. These are the times I rely on basics to be a strong foundation and stand-out accessories to pull it together. Neutrals and denim kept me looking fresh (and my messy hair seemingly justified) for a Bristol First Friday. 

First Fridays in Bristol are a fairly new thing-- at least to us. We always loved going to the ones in Old City when we were living in NoLibs but couldn't justify fighting the Friday night traffic to get there since we moved to the 'burbs. Until recently, there wasn't much like that out here for us "suburb people." Needless to say, we're pretty stoked on it. We had our first Bristol First Friday experience last month. We didn't really get to explore because we spent the entire time waiting for a table at one of our favorite cantinas. (Worth it.) As we sat on the curb and people-watched, (by the way, Bristol is the best place for people-watching) I saw a fair amount of children and adults alike sauntering by with pickles-on-sticks in hand. Now, I don't know why a pickle should be on a stick or what the advantage of said stick may be. All I do know is that I wanted one and I thought about it for pretty much the entire next month. 

Fast forward to Friday night, shortly after we took these photos. I was a woman on a mission. I fought my way through crowds of hapless adults wandering aimlessly in search of nothing in particular, children on Razor scooters, (still?) and somehow, an entire pizza that had fallen onto the ground and made its way around the street via the shoes of unsuspecting pedestrians. I craned my neck above the crowd in search of my succulent treat. No such luck. There were no pickles. There were no sticks. Defeated, I walked into a coffee shop (Calm Waters, to be exact) in hopes of finding any sort of consolation. I found it in their Columbian Limeade. So I didn't get my pickle on a stick but I did find a new favorite beverage. As for that pickle... I'm holding out hope for next month. Fingers crossed!

F21 Denim Overall Dress (similar)   |   F21 Windowpane Check Blouse (similar)   |   Steve Madden Ankle Boots   |   31Bits Woven Drum Bag



1 comment

  1. This outfit looks so cute! I love it :) x

    www.serenbird.com

    ReplyDelete