Soft & Loud

lace, Brandy Melville, ripped, jeans, Ray-Ban, cateye, glassesWhen I take photos like this, I usually have a hard time posting them. (Yeah, basically all the time.) I can't help but think "goodness, I hate my thighs" or "what are the arm equivalent of cankels? Because I definitely have them." Lately though, I've been using cognitive behavioral therapy to turn those ugly thoughts into positive ones. Instead of taking my body too seriously, I've just been seeing it as a blank slate on which to create a work of art. I've been mixing patterns, textures, and colors in a way I never would have before and today's look is another example of just that. I love the juxtaposition of the soft lace top with the ripped jeans.


Yes, I've been feeling very tender lately but I don't think it's a bad thing at all. I'm starting to channel my surplus of emotions into creativity once more. I've been less reserved about indulging in little things that bring me peace, like adding an extra little dollop of coconut oil in my coffee or listening to the same song on repeat for hours and hours. (Lately it's been this song, in case you were wondering.) I have a good feeling. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is but the winds feel like they're changing. 

Oh, and before you ask, yes my glasses are real and no you may not try them on. (They're real and they're spectacular.) 

xo,
e.m.

top/ H&M (similar), jeans/ Brandy Melville, shoes/ F21 (I really love these as well), necklace/ Urban Outfitters (similar), hat/ Free People, glasses/ Ray-Ban via Coastal

**photos by Danielle Conyers. Follow her on Instagram!

4 comments

  1. ugh you just described all of my own body woes! I had a former co worked who had nicknamed me t-rex arms because my arms are so stubby... complete with arm cankles as well! ugh.. anyways...

    all that aside...

    I love your outfit! You are stunning! I've been wanting some holey black jeans lately and have been keeping an eye out at the thrift stores. I always enjoy your style. Keep on keepin on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That's so mean of your coworker. I'm sure your arm situation is adorable and perfect. I also totally hear ya on the jeans. When I found these, I FREAKED OUT and bought a couple pairs... I'm kind of ashamed to admit that now... (I'm glad I did though because one of them got destroyed already!)

      Delete
  2. I have no idea what you are talking about – you're so gorgeous! I wish I photographed like you. I guess we all have our insecurities (wide hips and thighs for me too) and it's hard to look past them, Even, when others tell us we're wrong. Anyway,I'm glad none of it is putting a damper on things.

    Sounds like things are changing for the best. You're getting married to your best friend.

    You're amazing e.m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've been learning the importance of not only self-love but also self-respect. It's an amazing feeling and I'm really, really excited to see what the future holds. (For once!)

      Delete