New & Different

Sometimes change is necessary. The seasons are shifting, I'm turning 23 in a week or so, and my creative juices are flowing. Instead of my usual "I'm going to take a trip somewhere," I decided to redecorate. Redecorating is something that always feels really great. It's a wonderful way to start over; even seeing a new paint color cover the old is somewhat cathartic. Who couldn't use a little catharsis every once in a while? (Oh, and thanks for photobombing me, Juno.)

Before: I actually don't mind the "before" at all. It's cozy. I wanted a change though, which is why I  kissed that soft seafoam green "goodbye" and traded that green chevron stripe rug for a similar but more geometric one.
I like it. It's classy but still very "me" -- a hodgepodge of sorts but everything is still somehow cohesive. Staining my bed was the best decision I've ever made. It came out unexpectedly well and I now believe in the power of the stain. Seriously, if you want to make a big impact on a budget, stain a piece of furniture. WOWZA. 
xo, e.m.

13 comments

  1. Love all the patterns and white. Your dog is also pretty adorable as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't take any credit for Juno though, she's my roommate's.

      Delete
  2. It looks great! I love how brighter the room looks. I painted white over my aqua walls a few years ago.. it was a nice change :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I knew it would make a difference but I didn't think it'd be that huge. I was certainly pleasantly surprised.

      Delete
  3. Your room looks amazing; I especially love the bell jar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new stain on the bed! Everything you own is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love that side table! Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! It's from IKEA. This one: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80227014/

      Delete
  6. I love the Southwestern vibe! Also, where are your lucite chair & animal head from?! Daniel and I have a white ceramic moosehead above our bed, and I just bought real antlers to go in our living room. I miiight be a little obsessed? Ha.

    xo, grace

    ReplyDelete