You Fancy, Huh?

I have a love/hate relationship with skirts. They're brilliant in theory but they don't do much for my figure-- at least not the ones that I've found or that I want to wear, for that matter. Same with ankle straps. They're so cute but... cankles. Yikes. Lately though, I've had this "screw that, wear what you want!" attitude. While yes, there is certainly a fine line between dressing to flatter your figure and wearing whatever you want, I feel like there are too many rules. Life is too short to worry about whether your skirt hits you at just the right length. There's a very small margin of error there, my friend. An inch, inch and a half at the most. Is that something you want to waste precious time worrying about? I think not. I've been discovering the power of confidence and action. Confidence to accept your body the way it is and action to try to make it better for no one else but you. It's been working out pretty well for me. A daily struggle, but a battle of the mind worth fighting.

xo,
e.m.

skirt/ ASOS, leotard/ American Apparel, shirt/ H&M (similar), jacket/ H&M, bag/ ASOS, bow/ DIY (similar), shoes/ Dolce Vita, glasses/ Ray Ban* (via Coastal)

*I scoured the entire internet for these bad boys and finally found them but just as suddenly as they appeared, they vanished once again. I haven't been able to find the black frames since that fateful day but they seem to still be available in Tortoiseshell and Violet!

6 comments