Choker Sweater

I'm kind of excited that choker tops are a thing. I love a good v-neck but I also love a high neckline. Until now, they were just too different to coexist and now that they're here, I hope this trend sticks around for a long time. I haven't seen an unflattering one yet-- on any body type. If you haven't tried 'em out yet, I implore you to do so. If you haven't the slightest idea on how to style it, look no further.

black, choker, sweater, street, style, blogger, Philadelphia, fashion, H&M

My favorite part about this look is that it oozes equal parts unadulterated badassery and soft, feminine vibes. Black, velvet, and floral are always a great combination and this thrifted skirt has been a staple in my wardrobe for quite some time. (Most notably seen here, over four years ago. As you can see, I've definitely gotten my $7 worth.)

Because I didn't want to add a necklace to distract from the beautiful neckline and I'm not much of a bracelet gal-- but had to add something, I finished the look off with a great little statement belt. Voilà. Ready to hop on a motorcycle. If doing so side-saddle was possible and also if I wasn't terrified of motorcycles.

choker, top, sweater, blogger, street, style, fashion, Philadelphia, I can't wait to see how this sweater looks dressed up a little more or dressed down a little more. Keep an eye out because this isn't the last you've seen of it! 

xo, e.m.

top/ H&M (sold out, similar), skirt/ thrifted (similar), boots/ H&M (old, similar), belt/ ASOS (similar), jacket/ H&M (old, similar), bag/ Prada (similar under $250

9 comments