Wildflowers & Chambray

Beachy stripes are all the rage right now, even for a night out in the city. To make this trend a little more "me," I paired these chambray trousers with a sleek black crop top, these fabulous Rachel Comey clogs, and my favorite statement bag. I think it's the perfect mix of playful and timelessly chic. 

Zara Striped Chambray Trousers   |   Zara Ribbed Black Crop Top (similar)   |   Cult Gaia Gaia's Ark Bamboo Carryall   |   Rachel Comey Clogs (via TheRealReal)   |   Custom-Made GJ Jewelry Necklace   |   Texture Florals Flowers

Between barista life (early mornings), startup life (late nights and the seemingly endless search for funding), and life in general, I haven't had a lot of time to just "exist." Last night though, B and I headed down to South Philly for an event with Instagram. It was the perfect excuse to just let loose, if only for a couple of hours. Catching up with old acquaintances, meeting internet friends in real life, grabbing a vegan cheesesteak, and having some existential discussion on the way home was just what I needed and I'm feeling more refreshed than I have in quite some time. 

You never realize how long the healing process will take until you're in the throes of it. The mind is such a strange, powerful, and beautiful thing. I've had such a difficult time exploring my old neighborhood and just popping into places I used to love because of all the negativity connected to them. Someday I hope it'll get better but it'll take a while to strip the layers away. Last night was a big step in the right direction and I think I'm gonna be okay. 


xo, e.m.


1 comment

  1. I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated. Wondering where to go in 2019? Things to do has ranked as the best include a remote, idyllic island, the design capital ...

    ReplyDelete