not another Christmas playlist

Confession. I made a Christmas playlist purely because of tradition and because I don't want to let you all down. Truth is, I haven't been much in the mood for Christmas lately. (I know. This is unprecedented for me.) Hanukkah came and went. It's been snowing since the weekend. The house is decked in red and green and yet, the spirit of Christmas eludes me. These past few months have been rough and I think this Christmas playlist reflects that. I'm going to apologize ahead of time: it's kind of a bummer. But you know what? It's okay. All of this soul-searching is painstakingly nudging me to rediscover the true reason for the season. As frustrating as the process is, how bad could the outcome possibly be?

xo,
e.m.

4 comments

  1. I'm sorry that you're going through a difficult time; I can definitely relate. This "Christmas Blues" playlist of yours is rather somber, but sums up how I've been feeling amidst all of the holiday cheer. I think you're on to something though-- the holiday season is a perfect opportunity to reflect and be grateful for all of the blessings in our lives. I hope whatever is troubling you resolves itself soon. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Melanie :) You always seem to get my and I am so thankful for that. Best wishes for you, I'll keep you in my prayers!

      Delete
  2. :( I love you! I think most of my favorite Christmas tunes are somewhat sad. The Emery song is near the top, but my favorite is "Have yourself a merry little Christmas" by Copeland. That one makes me cry.... I tend to listen to it when I am in a sad Holiday spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had Mew on there <3 so much love right now!

    ReplyDelete