another new way to display!

If you've been following this blog for a while, you know how much I love finding new ways to display my jewelry. (See here and here!) I like being able to look at my necklaces to decide which one to wear instead of digging through my jewelry box. And then there's the whole "they're constantly getting tangled!" issue, and lastly, jewelry can make functional and affordable wall art that's easy to change up as your heart pleases. 

Grab a hold of any fabric scraps, wrapping paper scraps, photographs, prints, book pages, paint swatches, etc. that you like. A good rule of thumb is to lay out your items on the wall so that they'll be at eye-level. Think art gallery! I love this idea because nothing about it is permanent. You can change it up with the seasons or whenever you see fit. Instead of using tape, use push pins to attach your items to the wall so that your necklaces can hang. In less than ten minutes, you've created a wonderful piece of art for your wall and made a spot to hang your favorite jewelry. Try it in your bedroom or dorm room!


xo, e.m.

4 comments

  1. Wow, I just adore wall art. And to put jewelry on those walls is just amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I love how it makes thumbtacks serve a purpose... usually I'm trying to hang things on my wall while hiding them. I also like the doily behind the cork, I have one of those cork pieces up for my jewelry right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And they're incredibly versatile little objects. I'll be sharing more of the ways that I use them soon :)

      Delete