Black, White, & Nude

Not all outfits are created equally and I definitely do not look blogworthy every day. I'm trying to get better at dressing myself on the "off days"-- not because I need to look good for anyone else but because I enjoy coming up with new looks. Not to mention, I feel better when I put a little pride into my appearance. I rotate through articles of clothing but rarely wear the same outfit more than once. (Except this one. I wear this one at least once a week.) Because I've been all about stretching myself creatively, I've been challenging myself to do "casual" interestingly. Easier said than done. 

I love these pieces separately but to be perfectly honest, they're all a little boring and boring + boring doesn't usually equal "remarkably memorable look." It took me a few years of blogging but I've learned this much: it's okay to be somewhat "drab" every once in a while. These pieces are called "basics" for a reason, right? They can be plain but they'll never go out of style.

Zara Mom Jeans   |   Need Supply Co. Top (similar)   |   Zara Mules (similar)   |   Zara Bag (similar)  |   Deandri Harness

Of course, even though we're shooting for timeless and simple, dressing in black jeans, a white top, and a faux leather jacket isn't enough for me. I love my Deandri harness and love the extra je ne sais quoi it brought to this look.

Not too shabby, eh?

xo, e.m.

1 comment