Red for Spring

Philadelphia, fashion, blog, bike, style, balayage, Marc Jacobs, While I'm sad that the cold and the snow is going away, I'm overjoyed that I'm able to ride my bike to work again without having to cover my face or worry about wiping out on ice. It's extra sweet that I'm working days/nights again instead of only overnights so I can actually enjoy the ride. I feel like hardcore cyclists with their fixies and powerful calf muscles must judge me for pedaling down the street in my cruiser (/road bike hybrid) with a wicker basket but I'm lookin' fly so I don't care. Do you like how my bag matches my bike? I didn't do that on purpose. I promise.

Marc, Jacobs, Natasha, Q, red, bike, boots, Philadelphia, spring, style, fashion,
Now that I can't just wear yoga pants and a band tee to work, I have to actually put effort into looking cute. My go-to look is something like this: a dress, a blazer, and shoes that are questionable to bike in.  It works. Luckily, my newsroom isn't as "formal" as most offices are so I can get away with being a little creative here and there. Gotta look cute next to those hot, young interns, ya know?  

xo,
e.m.

dress/ Urban Outfitters (old, similar), blazer/ LOFT (similar), boots/ H&M, bag/ Marc by Marc Jacobs, necklace/ Kate Spade (similar), watch/ Michael Kors

*photos by Danielle Conyers. Follow her on Instagram!

13 comments

  1. That's the same bike I got my dad. Yay for Schwinn, I love my vintage one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so cute! I feel bad because I left it outside all winter but she's a tank-- just a little bit of WD40 on the chain and she was back in business.

      Delete
  2. Dressing for a job that doesn't require a uniform can be so fun but also kind of annoying thinking up cute outfits, haha. Sometimes it's just easier to slip into that uniform without a second thought.
    Your outfit and bike are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think about this all the time. In high school. I was either homeschooled (hello sweatpants) or went to private school (ugly uniforms) and I think about how much easier that was! I've also heard that a lot of people in creative fields (think Karl Lagerfeld) wear pretty much the same thing every day in order to free up "creative energy" for more important decisions, because we only have so much energy in a day. Something to think about ;)

      Delete
  3. ahhhh you look SO adorable! love the look, and that bike is amaaaazing!

    i cannot wait to be able to bike again too! SO ready for spring weather!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was a little cold riding to work this afternoon and I'm a little scared of how cold it will be when I come home (don't tell my boss that I'm blogging right now! haha) but it's still SO refreshing.

      Delete
  4. Lovely outfit! And that bike is so cute. I really need to invest in a bike - I might actually make it to lectures on time then, haha.
    Also your hair looks amazing. :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used to dread the ride to work but now it's my favorite part of the day.

      Delete