diy lace mocs

It's moccasin weather, at last! However, I feel that every year, these adorable comfies get more and more popular and so this year, I decided that I'm going to need to set myself apart from the rest of the rather large moccasin-clad population. I saw this "Make Your Own Mocs" kit at my local craft store and decided that I had to do it. Add a doily detail and you'll have a one-of-a-kind footwear masterpiece to wear whilst prancing through crunchy leaves.

What you'll need: A "Make Your Own" moccasin kit, (these can be found at your local craft store and range from $15 - $22) two crochet doilies, fabric glue, one of those sponges on a stick (no idea what the real word for it is) and a pair of sharp scissors.


Start out by coating the toe piece with a thin layer of fabric glue. Place the doily wherever your heart desires and let the glue dry. Once it is firmly attached (a.k.a. when the glue is dry) trim the doily so there is 1/2" - 3/4" extra on all sides.

Follow the instructions for putting the shoe together. When you get to the toe portion, fold the extra pieces of doily under and string the lace through them, just for added strength and to make sure that the ends don't fray. Once the moccasin is put together, repeat with the other one!

I only had enough time this morning to finish one of them before running out but it doesn't look too bad! I'll share more pictures and an outfit with them once I finish the second one!

xo, e.m.

9 comments

  1. This is so amazing! Lovely DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! To be honest I've never seen anyone wearing moccasins in Australia, but it wouldn't be so bad if I did! I've been noticing alot of minnetoka adverts on peoples blogs so its nice to see some original ones.
    Cute. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine not seeing them everywhere! I'd love to visit Australia someday.

      Delete
  3. Oh come on!! Just how cute and stylish (and I imagine comfy) are these!! Love
    I reconstructed an old turtleneck into a top with lace panels and a petercpan collar, please check It out:  http://whatscraftdoc.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/diy-from-turtleneck-to-lace-panels-top.html

    ReplyDelete